1. In bowl with mixer at medium speed, beat cream cheese
until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 1/4 cup corn syrup
and vanilla until smooth; set aside.
2. In bowl combine pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, remaining
1/4 cup corn syrup, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Beat
until smooth. Pour into pie crust.
3. Drop tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture onto pumpkin
filling. With knife or small spatula, swirl mixture to give
4. Bake in 325°F oven 50 to 60 minutes or until knife
inserted halfway between edge and center comes out clean.
Cool completely on wire rack.
*To use prepared frozen pie crust: Use 9-inch deep-dish
pie crust. Do not thaw. Preheat oven and a cookie sheet.
Pour filling into frozen crust; bake on cookie sheet (insulated
cookie sheet is not recommended).
* see also pie crust recipes: Pie Crust (Dave's Killer
Pie Crust), and in Ann Criswell's Pumpkin Cheesecake.