We have these with
salad almost every night. It's not that they are cheaper (though
this is probably true). These croutons are distinctly different
- crispier, tastier and unique. You can reduce the oil or alter
the seasoning mix with a favorite of your own.
Try subsituting an extra 4 tbsp olive oil for the butter.
Not only do you get "good LDL" low cholesterol croutons,
we find that they are crunchier and that we prefer them!
All ingredients are approximate. You can adjust to suit
1. Use a 10" x 10" x 2" micro-safe
baking dish. ( you can use any size, but should have some
depth to it).
2. Cut crust from 5 slices of round sourdough bread.
3. Cut bread slices into ½" cubes, set aside
4. In baking dish, melt 4 tbs. butter (or substitute extra
oil) & 5-8 tbs olive oil.
5. Stir in 3 tbs Johnny's Garlic Spread & Seasoning Mix.
6. Mix cubed bread in melted mixture and toss to coat cubes.
7. Microwave on HIGH until golden brown, stirring mixture
every 1 ½ - 2
8. Spread croutons on paper towels to cool.
9. Store in plastic zip bag and refrigerate.