Cost: $ - Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty Level: 1
Servings: makes one 1-1/2 lb. loaf
DIRECTIONS 1. Add ingredients in the order that your bread
machine specifies and bake.
KITCHEN TIPS, HEALTHFUL HINTS, AND OTHER TIDBITS
When measuring dry ingredients for your bread machine, use
a standard measuring spoon or measuring cup, not a tablespoon
or coffee cup, and level off. For flour, simply spoon the flour
into a measuring cup and level off with a flat kitchen utensil.
When measuring liquids for your bread machine, fill a standard
measuring spoon or measuring cup to the level indicated. Check
your cup measurement by placing the measuring tool on a flat
When measuring solid fats for your bread machine, fill a standard
measuring spoon or measuring cup to the level indicated and
level off with a kitchen utensil.
Add raisins or dried fruits right before the end of the second
rise. Some bread machines have a buzzer or bell to alert you
when to add these.
Test yourself or your family, friends and co-workers. ANSWERS
1. What is the purpose of salt in a bread recipe?
2. What is the role of fat in a bread recipe?
3. What adds richness and color to breads?
4. What is the role of liquid (water) in a bread recipe?
5. If your bread looks like a hockey puck when it's done cooking,
what ingredient did you most likely forget?
6. If you are going to freeze your bread, what should you do
7. What ingredient in bread causes the browning of the crust?
8. What ingredient in bread is really a microscopic plant?
9. If you store your bread in the refrigerator, what is likely
10. What's the best way to enjoy your fresh bread?
1. To strengthen the gluten and control the yeast. This makes
the dough more elastic;
2. Fat adds flavor and keeps the bread tender and moist;
4. Liquids (water) are mixed with the proteins in the flour
and form gluten;
6. Let it cool;
7. The sweeteners (sugar);
9. Your bread will dry out;
10.Any way you like it!