Cost: $$ - Preparation
Time: 25 minutes
Difficulty Level: 2
1. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until light and
fluffy. Blend in sour cream, egg and vanilla.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to butter mixture;
mix well. Stir in oats, vanilla milk chips, coconut and nuts.
3. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 2" apart, onto
ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly
5. Cool on cookie sheet for a minute. Remove to cooling rack;
THE TRIVIA SECTION
Test yourself or your family, friends and co-workers. ANSWERS
were included near the very end of a part of a newsletter that
was NOT forwarded to us, in 1998! Have fun!
1. What was the term for Christmas caroling in Old England?
2. In ancient folk lore, what two plants were thought to have
magical powers that would perpetuate life?
3. What is the reason for leaving a pickle as an ornament on
a Christmas tree?
4. What do pinecones symbolize?
5. What is the most translated Christmas song in the world?
6. In Old England, what was Santa known as?
7. What was Scrooge's first name?
8. Name the three reindeer whose names begin with a "D"?
9. What holiday drink contains sugar, milk, and eggs?
10. On what N.Y. street did a Santa Claus miracle occur?