You’re reading this on our new home server at web host ICDSOFT. We’re moved on from our old home of 17 years.
Friday November 4, 2015
- Most core Perl and PHP scripts are working.
- Automated scripts up update site stats: in progress
- Counts since 1999 are accurate, currently still being maintained manually.
- New posts are working.
Wednesday November 25:
- Got yesterday’s day of week right on entry title 🙂
- Got the core site stats PHP code working on the sidebar (top)
- Perl and PHP date-time functions work differently on this system. Look at the sidebar dates under SITE STATS. Sidebar displays are not being refreshed daily yet as there is a date dependency to get yesterday’s data. Currently working on that.
- Have a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!
Tuesday November 24:
- Links to summitlake.com are working on this site. It may take longer at your ISP.
- RSS has been disabled on the server. We we getting hundreds of thousands of RSS requests, which is the normal equivalent of one year’s page visits. Cause: undetermined.
- ICDSOFT tech departments have been very helpful. Their guaranteed 15-minute response time is real. Their responses are proactive, clearly and professionally explained, and very specific: all recommendations have worked on the first try.
- By my count, this is my fifth site move, migration and conversion since 1995, including 12 years at the previous web host. There are always some problems and anomalies to work out, but so far I’m very pleased to be hosted by this provider.
- We’ll continue to update this page as we test and bring utility features online. See below fortemporary caveats.
- Department Links Now Work (Astronomy, Commentary, Computers … WRITING). We had a problem with this big “multi-site”Wordpress installation that I solved by “Upgrade Network.”
- Sidebar Perl/PHP widgets will remain inop for a week or so as we bring the code online and reconfigure as needed.
As of Nov23 345PM PST, this front HOME page loads, but links (still pointing to the transferring domain) do not work.
There will be site disruptions and inoperative features as we bring the new site live. Although the transition has been relatively seamless so far, sidebar PHP widgets are going to be inoperative until we get the new PHP and Perl hit counters working again.
Thanks to you all for your support and readership over the years, and may we enjoy many more!
684 total views, 1 views today